8.30.2009

street of dreams

Every year Portland hosts a *Street of Dreams* the month of August. It's one of my favorite family traditions. A neighborhood is chosen and 6-8 ginormous houses are designed, built, decorated and put on display before they're sold. The architecture and design are always the latest and greatest trends in both disciplines.

This year was unique though. The street of dreams didn't showcase houses, it showcased lofts. One of the trendier areas in Portland is the Pearl District, where once abandoned warehouses have been reclaimed as million-dollar lofts. Nine penthouse lofts in four buildings were available for touring. Needless to say, I was so excited to get a peek into these amazing structures.

Below are a few design ideas I gleaned from my touring.


Love, love, love this chair -- the color and the stripes. I'm not usually into animal skin anything, but I did like this rug with the stripes. It was an amazing textural juxtaposition.


LOVE the color. Orange and grey. Yes please. Love the headboard. Love the lamp. I'll take this bedroom please.


Favorite room of all nine lofts. Light and airy. Love the picture arrangement. Love the chair, the pillow and the amazing blue ceramic side table. This room is hugely inspirational for me.


Very cool reclaimed wood wine rack. And, to have space for all the wine? Again, yes please.


Really like this headboard. The lines and the upholstery make it regal and comfy at the same time. Not easy to pull off.


Bubble lights. A quirky and fun touch.


Oh. my. goodness. This might be my most favorite *stealable* idea. Paint tree directly onto wall. Add moss + wooden bird cutouts. So fun!


The entire back wall is upholstered. Interesting and super cozy.


Love the color combo. The bright pink is great.


A closet transformed into a small office space. I love this idea and have seen it in magazines. It's just as great in person. I just wish we had a closet to transform!


Really love this headboard. Oh, and the lamp is pretty lust-worthy as well.


I pretty much love completely love this living room. TONS of windows, great colors, beautiful couch and amazing lamps. Yep. Love. This. Room.

2 comments:

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)