2.12.2010

weekend projects galore

Friends, I have a confession.

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day. I know some people say that, but really secretly love it. I'm just not one of those people and, luckily, neither is my husband. See, I work really hard to show the people in my life that I love them every day. Every.single.day. With that said, I find it hard to know what to do with a day dedicated to this. Hmm.

But never fear. I have a couple awesome projects planned for this weekend.

1. We're attending a birthday party on Saturday night and at the request of the birthday girl, I'll be making this beautiful red velvet cake

2. I will attempt to turn this IKEA blanket:

Into cafe curtains for these windows:

Because this is how close our neighbors are:

We really like our neighbors, but we don't need to see right into their kitchen window when we're eating dinner, which we do. Check back on Monday to see if I can turn my vision for the curtains into reality.

Until then, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend filled with lots of love and happiness!

6 comments:

  1. Forgive me, but I can't figure out how to sign up for email updates for your blog! I can see where to follow you on twitter, and subscribe via feeds that you have to actively check (but then I always forget to check) but I don't see where to get email updates.

    Thanks!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see it, but I can tell you how to add it if you want! I have a blog too (just for my fam.. nothing exciting) and I have it added. Let me know if you need instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great job with the kitchen curtains. Love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to know that my partner and I are not the only ones on this planet that really don't celebrate Valentines Day...for the same reason as you mentioned! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)