3.16.2011

{inspired} spring wreaths

Once we hit March, I get a little antsy for spring to hurry up and arrive already. Spring in Oregon means lots of rain (shocking, I know), but it also means longer days, warmer temperatures, and budding flowers and trees.  *Love*. As you've probably figured out, our decor doesn't change much for the seasons or holidays (well, except for Christmas). But this year I have my sights set on making a spring wreath. I had so much fun making my Christmas wreaths, and I think a spring wreath could add a nice touch of color. I have quite a large *to make* file, so from there I pulled my favorite wreath inspirations that having been popping up on the interwebs lately.

I love this wreath's texture and fullness. I also like that it's super neutral, but you could change out that ribbon according to mood. Perfect!

I still completely love my holiday yarn wreath, and so making a bright fun one is top of mind. This one caught my eye because of the colors (yah blue and orange!) and the simple medallion, instead of flowers.

But, of course, I'm still loving the flowers too. Love this color combo.

This wreath of moss, branches and fabric flowers screams spring to me. So much fun texture.

This could possibly be my favorite. Oh who am I kidding? I adore all these. I like this rectangle shape though ... and these are all the flowers I learned from my felt wreath project. I would love to give this a try to practice these cuts more!

And, aren't these petals just the cutest? So much depth ... and so colorful!

What about you guys? Ready for spring?! :) What fun spring-related DIY projects do you have planned?


Edited: I just discovered the What I Love Wednesday link party, which is perfect for this post! Hop on over to view what everyone's loving today :).

10 comments:

  1. oooh the square wreath is just plain fun! they're all so pretty and dainty! I wish I had the skills to pull one of these off!

    so ready for spring!!!! I have a few things up my sleeve ;)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those are all so pretty! I really love the first one (neutral one) and the square one--I need a sewing machine so I can make some of those pretty petals myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love this post!!
    I'm actually in the process of making a spring wreath very siilar to the last one. Bu with some flowers!! Very cute!

    I'm your newest follower!!


    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first wreath!! It is gorgeous!! I posted a link to your blog on my blog, it was one of my top what I'm loving wednesdays!! And you gained another new follower
    Amy @ http://ourcrazybeautifulife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think I can't put a wreath on my front door because it hides the house numbers. But these are all irresistible, so I'm determined to find a way. I'll either make one to put next to the door, on the siding, or I'll center it lower than the numbers. Yeah, that's it!

    Thanks for the boot in the butt. I'm on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that you put the sources of your images! As some one who likes to bob around a lot, it lets me go discover more about where the photos came from!

    Image #3 is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  8. girlfriend these wreathes are BEAUTIFUL! i have to learn how to make those rosebuds that are on the "paper and stitch" wreath. are you going to make one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If i put something this cool on my main door, someone is gonna steal it

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)