6.19.2012

{create} blackberry lemon cheesecake

It's kinda crazy, but I'm getting tons of new visitors for my {so incredibly tasty} almond-butter brownies? Remember those? So, welcome! :) If you'd like to check out more recipes, there's a whole recipe tab here. 

But, the timing is interesting because I actually have a new recipe to share with you today. This is most definitely not a baking blog, but when I do love to share recipe with you when I make a particularly awesome one.

Today, I'm sharing a recipe for a blackberry lemon cheesecake.

Yummmm.

The thing is though, is that we don't have an oven right now. And, as I've talked about before, we have some crazy health issues in our house and dairy is a no-go. But, a dear friend of ours, who happened to be helping with our kitchen a couple weeks ago, was having a birthday! And, I wanted to do something special for her. So, raw cheesecake it is. Please don't click away :). Friends, keep reading. Not only was it SO EASY to put together, but it was SO AMAZINGLY good.

You start with a light sprinkling of coconut. It helps the cheesecake not to stick. Do you like my mini spring form pans? For some reason I couldn't find my big one, but I think mini-cheesecakes are adorable, so it's all good.

Pack the crust into the bottom of the pan(s).

Mmmmm. Lemon cheesecake filling.

And, the best part. Lemon blackberry topping. This stuff is amazing. And, also makes a really great drink mixer. Just sayin'. Make extra.

Here's the full recipe:
Blackberry-Lemon Raw Cheesecake.
Adapted from Roost.

Ingredients:
- 2 cups raw almonds, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup non-sweetened coconut flakes
- 3 cups raw cashews soaked for three hours
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup raw honey (regular honey works well too -- it just won't be raw then, if you're concerned about that)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla 
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 bag frozen blackberries
- 2 tbsp honey
-1/4 cup juice or water
- 2 tbsp lemon zest

Directions:
For the crust:
Place almonds and dates in a food processor and mix until chopped and well incorporated. Cover the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with coconut flakes and pour almond mixture on top. Spread out and mold into cake pan.

For the filling:
Blend the cashews, lemon juice, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt in a blender. Blend until smooth and adjust sweetness to taste. Pour the filling on top of the crust.

For the topping:
Place berries, honey and juice or water in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the filling.

Place the pan in the freezer for at least three hours or overnight. Before serving, let thaw a little. It's really good semi-frozen, which makes it an excellent summer treat!



By the way, these were the conditions that I was working in. HA! Good thing it was no-bake ;). But, see how nicely the light is streaming through our kitchen windows?

Hope you're all having a great week so far! 


8 comments:

  1. Yummm! This sounds delicious! I normally cheat when it comes to cheese cake because I figured I would some how ruin it it but this looks so good- I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks AMAZING Jenn! No Bake too!? DEF going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum and yum - I'm trying this and Sheila can have it too because there are no eggs (she has an egg allergy).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness Jenn! This made my mouth water! YUM! And the mini pans are adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks (and sounds) absolutely delicious! Can't wait to give it a try. I've been using Agave as my only sweetener. I'll give it a try instead of the honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cate, this recipe would be great with agave. I've found the it subs really well for honey and vice versa.

      Delete
  6. This, and all your recipes (I took a look at all of them) look delicious! I want to try to make and taste every single one of them! Love your blog as well! Janine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog through Pinterest. We're gluten, dairy, and sugar free so I totally love your recipes. Plus your house is adorable. (Bonus!) :) I will definitely be adding your blogs to my list of favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)