10.22.2012

{fall favorites} newcomb home


Hi friends! I’m excited to be here at Jenn’s place today. I’m Katie, and I blog about home renovation, decor, and my chickens over at Newcomb Home. When Jenn asked us to write about one thing we’re loving this fall, I thought, “Just one?” :)

Really, between hoodies, hot chocolate, and Halloween, there is just too much to choose from. And I can’t forget Beaver football!

But for my home, the one thing I’m loving this fall is decorating with natural elements. I know summer is full of flowers and sunshine, but I love the colors of fall. Its easy to decorate with natural elements with so many options right outside the front door – brightly colored leaves, pumpkins, gourds, corn, I could go on :) 

IMG_3087
A little nature can spice up any area for Fall. Just find your favorite colorful part of your yard, and bring it in! For me, its the bright orange Chinese lanterns that grow in our front yard. I created a fun, natural tablescape featuring the little lanterns.


IMG_5422 
Pumpkins, leaves, or a corn husk wreath bring the season to your mantel.

IMG_2903
la101956_1106_gtharvest_xl (Source: Martha Stewart)

Or an acorn frame can spruce up your bathroom.

Acorn Framed
(Source: bhg.com)
And pears, leaves, and nuts can bring the season into your kitchen.

Wire Basket Thanksgiving Centerpiece
(Source: bhg.com)
Fall brings so many vibrant colors in nature, its no wonder its my favorite season. And I can’t forget the comfort food :)
butternut-squash-risotto

I hope you’ll come say Hi over at Newcomb Home and see my other Fall and Halloween decorating ideas. Thanks so much, Jenn, for the opportunity to share my favorite Fall decor!

from Jenn: Katie, you know the way to my heart: natural decor! Thanks so much for stopping by today and sharing. Friends, make sure you visit Katie's blog. She has great projects and you need to meet the chickens :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)